Friday, October 30, 2009

China

Loved ones, as promised here is an update on the status of my return to China:

The day after my last update post, I heard from Bethel, the orphanage in China. They asked that I decide on which dates and let them know when I would like to come over the summer! This would be 2 or 3 weeks of time to volunteer there as a trial to see if we would all be a good fit together. Obviously I received this news quite awhile ago, and unlike my usual self, I told no one. After a couple days I ended up confiding in a couple of dear friends and now I am speaking more openly about it. I am not sure why it was hard to discuss in the beginning. But when I read that email inviting me to come I weeped for hours. The same thing happened when I shared my news with a dear friend for the first time; I was extremely emotional. I presume the tears were niether negative or positive. It's just that I was expecting the news to come in a few more weeks, so I was surprised. Also, going back to China is just so near to my heart. I cannot even find words to describe how much that place and the people touch the inner most places in my heart and soul. My church family in China is wonderfully supportive and loving and thoughtful. They bless me abundantly!

For now, I am keeping in touch with the two individuals who coordinate volunteers and we have been getting to know one another via email. It's fun! I will soon meet with a pastor from Beaverton Foursquare to talk about some other details.

For you who have committed to prayer support for me, here are some things I am asking Our Father about:

*Is Bethel still where He would like me to go?
*Timing- when should I go and how long?
*Health- continued healing
*Finances- God's provision over my current financial burdens and for my ministry in China.
*Purposeful living in the mean time- I have made a point to be intentional about not being so focused on the future (China) that I lose sight of opportunities to serve and love and grow here in Portland, now. God is doing a complete work in me and I am beyond thrilled about it and so blessed!

Thank you, loved ones, for your support, love, prayers and well wishes!

0 comments: