Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fall Joy!

I just have to take a few minutes to brag today.

My brothers are all amazing. This fall I made a commitment to myself that I would make them my priority. Meaning, being at football games and serving with them respectively. My weekends have largely been devoted to supporting them and I am so blessed by this decision!

Let's begin from the youngest, Jason. This boy is a little (getting bigger) firecracker to say the least!!! He has such a sweet, tender heart, but also very much a mind of his own. He is always trying to keep his busy little mind occupied and bless his heart, he really tries to stay out of trouble but sometimes his 12 year old impulsivity and curiosity sure does get the best of him at times! He is a challenge but a dear one! He played football this fall for Sunset Youth, and he played fabulously! His team only allowed TWO touchdowns to be scored on them ALL season! And Jason, excelled in both offense and defense. I am so proud to watch him mature and be able to really listen and learn from his coaches this year. It has been a delight to see his excitement for games and practices. Here are some photos:

Jason turned 12 last weekend... I baked him a Red Velvet cake/cupcakes and even though it didn't look great, he was thrilled. :)

His team won the championships!


All the little guys cheering with their trophy.


There he is; #3. I cannot believe how big he is getting! He will be taller than me by the end of the year!


Precious!!!

Now for Jordan. He turned the big 1-7 in September! He is now a junior at Jesuit High School and I am so proud of him. He is making wise choices, keeping his grades up and working his tail off in football. It is certainly paying off! Now about keeping those girls away... *wink, wink*
Watching him this year has been bittersweet. I am watching him quickly blossom into a man and I am constantly reminded that in just a year he will be making a decision about which college to go to and moving away. It makes me sad, but I know he will do very well. It is so hard for me to watch my dear brothers get so old! Here are some photos from his season:


The handsome younger ones at Jason's birthday... look at Jordan's litle smirk. He cracks me up!


Mom and I, with a few other mom's fed 45 Jesuit players a pre-game meal! Crazy! It went well though.


Warm-ups before a game early in the season.


Blurry warm-ups from last week's playoff game in Medford.

I always try to get shots of him without his helmet. :)

So, Jordan's team is now in the quarterfinals and they play Grant High School this Friday night. I can't wait!!!


Mom and I at the playoff game last week! Go Crusaders!!!

Then there's Christopher. I have really enjoyed serving at Sunday Night @ 6 Service with him, and sometimes Erin is there, which is nice. It has been fun to spend time with the two of them. It is very important to me to get closer to Erin. I feel like we have had some good times recently. What an answered prayer! :)
Also, I couldn't be more proud of him and his new position as the College-Age Pastor at Beaverton Foursquare Church. He is pouring his life and heart out to this ministry and I am excited to see him grow through this!


Chris with Mom and I, cheering for the Crusaders!


Silly us!


Love it!


Chris and Erin.


Erin and I happened to both bring our knitting projects over to my parents' house last weekend. Fun!


Dad, Me and Erin at Jason's birthday. Cute lil group.

That's all for now. I just thought I would share some of the joyous parts of this fall. Of course, I must add that it has been fun as usual to be at the games with my parents and enjoy time with them. We took a 6 hour (each way) trip on the bus with other parents to South Medford last weekend and it was actually a really good time!


My gorgeous mama snuggled up to my dad on the bus while he makes business phone calls. Cuties.

0 comments: