I don't even know what to write or how to begin...
China was nothing short of AMAZING!!!
I think of the last couple of months and it brings to mind my favorite Bible verse growing up:
"Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you."
"Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you."
Matthew 7:7
If you look back on my blogs, each one expresses my heart searching for the bigger picture of what God has for my life. I continued to ask and seek and press into Him and He has blessed me far more than I could have imagined. I definitely feel that I am still the beginning stages of whatever He has in store, but this start has been brilliant. The doors are opening.
I will tell a few stories of my trip step by step with photos:
1. Our plane departed on Friday, August 14th. Friday, Katie and I met up with Scott at the airport. We were to meet up with Skye, (from China) and Youf (on our BFS team) at the airport in Beijing on Saturday. Our plane was delayed leaving PDX, so we stayed the night in Tokyo after missing our connecting flight. We finally arrived in Beijing on Sunday afternoon and met Skye and Youf as planned.
*Katie and I woke up early and explored Tokyo/Narita a little bit before leaving for the airport to go to Beijing. This is me standing in a garden...
When I look back on the days leading up to the trip I think of how many of my friends asked me, "So, who do you know that's going to China?" I didn't know anyone! I had just become friends with Katie, and hadn't really met anyone else. I had never even heard of Scott and Youf and now they feel like family!
*Finally showered, changed and exploring Beijing on Sunday, August 16. Katie, Youf, me & Scott. BFS team #2.
2. We spent the first week in a hostel because of the H1N1 concerns with foreigners entering the country. We were quarantined from the university for one week. Everyone who left from BFS (Beaverton Foursquare) the week prior to us left quarantine to teach at TIP that day, while we entered quarantine. During this quarantine week we were blessed beyond measure by our now dear friend, Skye, who met Pastor Mark one year ago in China, and by the folks at a Christian Church. Skye served us as our "tour guide." Skye arranged EVERYTHING for us. From our outings, to trips to the store, caring for us during illness, being our loving friend, and constant hugs and smiles. I miss her!
*Skye and me
And the young leaders in the H.Church are so annointed and so pure and humble. They have left an imprint on my heart forever. These young people are so eager to serve the Lord and serve their church to the best of their abilities. We spent time helping them become more equipped to serve in their rapidly growing English fellowship. And I think we learned more from them! I know they certainly taught me some lessons in perserverance, determination, humility, integrity, grace and love. True love. />
***Above is a photo of us worshipping and studying together with our church family at HC.
5. Bethel. Oh Bethel. Bethel is a foster home/training center for children without sight. Katie served there for 3 months last year, and she took a group of us to visit the first week we were there. The children there are just so joyful, so beautiful and full of life. They greeted us with songs.
My heart was so touched as we toured the property and spent time with the children. I had the opportunity to spend some time with the nurse there and speak with the founders about possibly moving there for a period of time to help with their need for medical care for the children. This is huge for me and something that I am fervently praying for God's direction on. We decided that since a "trial period" of a couple of weeks or so for me to visit is not an option for me right now, so I will be communicating with them over the next couple of months to give us a chance to get to know each other better and see if it would be a good fit. I am willing to do what ever it is that God asks of me, so at this point I am moving along with this and asking that He opens and closes doors where necessary.
4. During our week with church we had the opportunity to hear each of them practice sermons they wrote in English that Pastor Mark helped them with. They were awesome! We also had a chance to have a big lunch with them on Thursday, the 20th. My birthday!! At that lunch we sent Pastor Mark off as he returned to Portland and celebrated the birthdays of myself and two of the other gals at church. It was so much fun!!!
... this is only a small fraction... I will add to it in the coming days... :)

1 comments:
Wow, Krystal. Thank you for giving these insights into our time in China. It was nothing less than miraculous to watch God weave all the pieces together - and the tapestry has just begun. The relationships that have flowered from our connections with friends in China continues to grow - God has opened an incredible door - will we have the courage to walk through it? Not speaking of Bethel alone, but of the way that God has paved for Beaverton Foursquare. Pray earnestly that what has started with humble beginnings will be embraced by our fellow believers in a big way.
Post a Comment