My soul finds rest in God alone...
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Psalm 62:1-2
Here are just a few things to note over the next couple of weeks:
1. I was approved for a darling little studio in the Goose Hollow/PGE Park area downtown. I am so excited! It is absolutely perfect for me. The plan is to move my belongings to my parents' garage over the next few days and move into the apartment the weekend I return from China! Yikes!
2. I am getting prepared for ministry in China. I am just trying to get my heart prepared for serving and sharing the love of Christ with those in China.
3. Work is very busy right now as I cover the medical records position for someone who is on vacation. My workload is that of about 3 positions at once, but somehow I am staying pretty much on top of things! It's a miracle!
4. Sleep has been a struggle lately, so I am working on getting rest and getting as much done as possible! I am doing my best not to stress out and to continue to trust in the Lord as he directs my steps and takes care of each tiny detail in my upcoming plans.
5. I have been serving regularly in the college-age group on Saturday nights for my brother who is the new College-Age Pastor at Beaverton Foursquare- I am so proud of him!! Anyway, we have talked about me becoming more involved relationally with the group rather than just serving in the background. I find this somewhat intimidating, but I am humbled that my brother would like me to become more involved and I am up for the challenge! I have been so blessed by being involved with this group.
6. I am praying that the funds continue to flow in for China. Over half of the money has come in- Praise God!!! And I am deeply humbled and so grateful for the support from those around me. My cup overflows.
7. Modeling. I am thinking about signing a contract with Mode Models. Many of you know I modeled for a few years and stopped about a year ago. Mode has continued to pursue me over the past few months as I have taken time away to consider this. The doors continue to open for this opportunity so I will be shooting my digitals soon and sign a contract when I return from China. This will be a great way to put money away for a new car and nursing school. Yay!
8. An amazing answer to prayer: Christian girlfriends!!! I have been meeting with a handful of amazing women from church on Tuesday mornings for prayer and fellowship. This time has been wonderful. I feel so free to be myself and to be real. What a true blessing.
Please be praying for me as the next couple of weeks are filled with change and transition. I am somewhat nervous at times but I remain hopeful that God will continue to provide as I listen to Him and keep my heart open to do His will.
China Ministry-
If you would like to financially support the team, make your check out to Beaverton Foursquare Church Missions and write "China" on the memo line of the check. Drop it in the offering or mail to Beaverton Foursquare Church, Attention; Peggie Hoffman, 13565 SW Walker Rd., Beaverton, OR 97005. You can also make on-line donations via on-line giving (sign up on line).

0 comments:
Post a Comment