Tuesday, February 2, 2010

50 things that make me smile.

The scent of my apartment after I have scrubbed the floors with Murphy's. Laughter. A good worship service. Toddlers learning to walk. Sunshine. A fresh bouquet of flowers. Waking early and feeling rested. Uggs. A surprise phone call from a far away friend. Memories of China. Baking. Cooking for those I love. Giving. Getting hooked on a good book. Three day weekends. A glass of Pinot Noir. Beautiful sunrises. When my brothers say, "I love you." My parents holding hands. Memories of Nanny and Pop-pop. Falling asleep to a thunderstorm. Summer nights. Catching the MAX "just in time!" Gerbera dasies. Holding babies. Pedicure dates with the ladies. Finding money in an old handbag. Chapstick. Completing a knitting project. Praying with loved ones. New clothes. Target. Driving fast, windows down, singing loudly on a sunny day. Kind words. When strangers say "hello" with a smile. A good, strong, hug. Answered prayers. Fresh fallen snow. Sincerity. Knowing Jesus loves me unconditionally. A long run with a friend. Accomplishing goals. Bottled water. Boyfriend's sweats. Anticipation. Lavendar candles. Hot showers. Baby oil. Sunbathing. Feeling happy for no particular reason.

0 comments: