Hey folks,
I am in major need of prayer for how to handle my current situation. I am trying to find ways to get to the bottom of/manage this chronic illness issue. I am so unreliable at work, and knowing me, that just isn't my character, however, my body just does not allow me to work some days. The pain keeps me up many nights and clearly the surgery was not successful. My doctors have run out of options and I just really need healing. Here is where I am and what decisions need to be made:
1. I found a world class endometriosis specialist in Bend, Oregon. He can and would like to see me. I spoke with Kaiser (my current insurance) and they told me that if I write a letter to my doctor requesting her to write me a referral specifically to see him, it will cost only $10.00 rather than hundreds!! Please pray that if I should go this direction, the Lord provides the funds or the referral.
2. I am seriously contemplating short term disability. This is a difficult decision for me for various reasons:
a- I have seen some people take major advantage of disability services and it really put a bad taste in my mouth (so to speak) about using that option.
b- the truth is, I can work some, and I am doing so, but although I am covered with intermittent FMLA at work, it is unfair to my employers and the rest of my team to have me out so often when no one else is trained to cover my position. This has been going on for nearly 7 or 8 months now, and I know it is putting a serious strain on my department. I do not want to burn any bridges here.
c- I do not want to take short-term disability to do nothing. I need to have a treatment plan. There has to be some direction and plan to get better. I don't think taking the time off (I am thinking 4-6 weeks), if it is not productive. As mentioned above, I do not want to take advantage of the system, I want to give my body the rest it needs and work with professionals to improve my health.
d- I really need to hear from the Lord, first and foremost, for how to handle this situation. I want to do His will above all else. I need His direction. I am willing to continue to push through these painful days if that's what He wants. But honestly, I am feeling in my heart that I need a break. I just need confirmation of this.
Thank you, friends, for praying!! Please let me know if you want to stay in touch with my blog... I am thinking of making it private, so email me if you want to be on the list. :)
Much love!!!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Prayer Needs
May integrity and honesty protect me, because my hope is in you.
Psalm 20:20-22
Posted by Krystle at Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Labels: Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment