Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bones & Sleep

Well, I'm sitting on the MAX on my way to the dr to get an isotope injection for my bone scan this afternoon. Yes- bone scan. Since the pain and all took a bad turn in the past two weeks, and my dr was away, I saw a random dr. I prayed the whole way to the appointment. I was really hoping this dr would bring new perspective to this complicated situation! Well, he did. It sounds a little wacky but if nothing else we will rule something out, thus closer to an answer. He suggested that some of this sounds like more endometriosis that the surgeon may have missed in April. But he also thought some of my symptoms didn't fit. He suspects possible Osteitis Pubis or bone inflammation in my pelvic bones. I thought, who gets BONE INFLAMMATION??! Oh, ya... someone like me!  Haha... so, we'll see! I should know something by tomorrow. Although, I have checked out some bone scans on Google Images (HA!) so I will try to read the scans myself, too! ;)

In other news... BIG NEWS... I AM SLEEPING!! We all know my body doesn't like to sleep for some reason. It resists medications of all kinds (so far) and stays up for all hours. This makes the pain 10x more difficult to push through. Well, my dr finally did something! She found a medication that actually puts me to sleep, keeps me asleep, and I wake rested but alert. It's brilliant! I feel like a whole new woman with 3 straight nights of sleep under my belt. Thank you, Jesus!!

Posted via Blogaway

0 comments: