Well, my precious oldest brother, Christopher is now engaged! I am THRILLED about this!! Here's the story:
Chris and Erin have been dating for 3 years and 3 months. Chris has known he wanted to marry Erin for quite some time now. It was difficult for me for awhile, as Chris and I have always been very close, and I want only the BEST for him, but I have gotten to know Erin and have been praying for them for years now, and I am 100% in support of them, too!! I know it may not matter that much what I think, but this is my blog, so it matters here. *wink, wink* Anyway, Chris and I talked on Friday and he asked me to help him with the proposal. SO SWEET, right?!? So on Saturday Chris and I had an all day date downtown. We searched for all of the perfect items that Chris needed in order to have the perfect picnic for Erin. He was so cute trying to make sure every single detail was perfect for the woman he loves and adores. It was so funny; by the time we had finished the shopping part, we headed out to find the perfect park location. At this point, Chris was in a fog as he realized the great (and FOREVER) adventure he was going to embark on. When we left a store we had to walk through a crew of fire fighters that were entering the store, and outside the store was a fire truck with the lights flashing.
When Chris and I got into the car, I said, "Gosh, I hope everyone is ok in there." He replies, "What?" I say, "Chris, you didn't notice the 8 fire fighters we just walked through??" "No," he asks, "Where?" Laughing, I reply, "Chris, we just walked through a whole crew of fire fighters, and you didn't see the TRUCK with the flashing lights??!!" Cute, huh??
Anyway, eventually we found the right park area with a gorgeous view. So we set out to my condo to get everything ready. I would be keeping the ring safe and all of the items for the picnic at my house. The next morning the plan was for my mom and I to pick up the food and set up the picnic, and then we would get to hide in the bushes and photograph their big moment!!!
Chris carefully arranging the picnic basket at my place
Chris holding the roses and ring
all ready!
What an adventure the next morning was!!! I woke Sunday morning to a text from my mom asking if we had a "plan B" for rain- she said it was pouring out, and it was (thanks, Oregon)!! So I called Chris and we were on the phone for over an hour trying to figure it all out. We knew Erin may not enjoy being cold and wet, which I can definitely relate to! Anyway, we prayed about it as well and so did my mom. Soon before we had planned to pick up the food and head to the park, the weather cleared. My mom arrived at my place and the sky was bright and it was even semi warm out!! YAY!! So we got the Thai food and headed to the muddy park (haha!).
What an adventure the next morning was!!! I woke Sunday morning to a text from my mom asking if we had a "plan B" for rain- she said it was pouring out, and it was (thanks, Oregon)!! So I called Chris and we were on the phone for over an hour trying to figure it all out. We knew Erin may not enjoy being cold and wet, which I can definitely relate to! Anyway, we prayed about it as well and so did my mom. Soon before we had planned to pick up the food and head to the park, the weather cleared. My mom arrived at my place and the sky was bright and it was even semi warm out!! YAY!! So we got the Thai food and headed to the muddy park (haha!).
There we set everything up and waited (impatiently) for them to arrive! When they got there we did everything we could to spy and stay incognito! We ended up getting sooo muddy! It was great, at one point I was laying on the ground to stay hidden! When they began to approach the picnic set-up, I could hear Chris begninning his proposal and it was adorable!! I won't put all the details here, but it was stinkin' sweet! Then he led her to the spot, and got down on one knee! I got it all photographed too!!
the basket arranged by mom and me (anxiously) waiting for Chris and Erin to arrive
heading to the picnic spot!!
starting the proposal...
popping the question!!
***the kiss***
they are too cute!! :)
I feel so humbled and blessed that Chris chose to have me help him out with something so precious and sacred to his heart. It was truly a joy to be there and experience this with them. Erin and Chris make a beautiful couple on the outside, but more importantly in their hearts. I can't wait to see what's in store for them as they continue their lives together... let the wedding maddness begin!! Cheers!











0 comments:
Post a Comment