For yesterday I am thankful for the Mehl family. I have been close with them for many years. It started with Pastor Ron Mehl, who went to be with Jesus several years ago. He was one of the first father figures in my life who would speak truth into me. He was always reminding me how much God loved me and how special I was throughout the years when I didn't love myself. Then in jr. high, I met Stephanie who would later marry Mark Mehl {Ron Mehl's younger son}. She was one of my leaders in jr. high youth group. We became close quickly, and have remained close ever since. Just as I always confided in Pastor Ron, all of my faults, I have done the same with Mark and Stephanie. And like Pastor Ron, Stephanie has always spoken truth into my life. She has always encouraged me, loved me unconditionally, held me accountable, and been a friend and role model to me. Stephanie knows me for the good, the bad and the ugly. She knows my deepest fears, my biggest mistakes, and everything in between. Even knowing me through my "bad years," I was one of the trusted few that her and Mark allowed to babysit their precious children. I love them so much. They are an example to me of Christ's unconditional love. One of my favorite things about Stephanie is her gentle nature. She puts a positive spin on everything, yet she never fails to gently call me out when I am making poor decisions. She's always there for me when I need to cry or absolutely freak out when I'm upset. I know I can call her or go over there no matter how upset I am and she will allow me to vent and get it all out! I love their family so much and I truly cannot imagine my life without them!
Last night I got to go out with her and Mark, and it was really fun. Usually when I see them I'm bumming around in sweats, but it was fun to get dressed up and go out. Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with this amazing family.
Today I am thankful for my youngest brother, Jason. He is 13 today! It's crazy watching him grow up! He's actually taller than I am already! Anyway, Jason has one of the most tender hearts. People who don't know him well may not ever know this about him, but I am blessed enough to see this side of him. He always loves to snuggle up. It's so sweet! Even at his age now, he loves to cuddle close to read a book or watch a movie. Jason has also taught me a lot about patience. He challenges me in ways not many other people can {hahaha}, and sometimes can be a little provocative. I am still learning how not to immediately get really mad at him when he's behaving certain ways. I try to be patient but it is honestly a work in progress. :) I sure do love my brothers. They are all such individuals.
Posted via Blogaway
Sunday, November 14, 2010
~Days 19 & 20~
Posted by Krystle at Sunday, November 14, 2010
Labels: Family, good stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment